»

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Damask Light Switch/Outlet Covers

Hey Everyone!

I'm in the process of completing my daughter's room. Her room will be damask and pink. I have been buying stuff left and right for it and now it's time to actually start creating stuff! I can't remember where I got the idea for this project, I actually think it was off Etsy. (There was NO way I was going to pay $10 for a custom light switch cover!) 



I love the way they turned out. I used Tombo and a glue/water mix to attach the paper. I will be spraying them with this sealer. Although, I have it in matte finish so i'll be buying it in gloss. These were super easy and REALLY cheap. Considering the sealer is only $3.98 and the paper was on sale for $.30. You can use your existing light plate covers. I did make 6 of these and used 1 piece of 12x12 paper and had a little left over. (I would suggest cutting the paper 5 1/4 in x 3 3/4 in for both these.) I bought the paper at Hobby Lobby when it was on sale for 50% off, of course!

Also, you'll want to paint the screws that you'll be using too. Don't forget this part, having bright white screw heads with these covers would not look good. I'll be painting mine black with spray paint. 

Good luck! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment